Exhibition time again!
Strutten in partnership with Silo Beats are pleased to announce that submissions are now open for our joint exhibit on September 3rd 2011 .
Silo is a Brisbane based music and arts collective, who love anything electronic. The collective comprises of 12 very talented individuals who are working DJs, electronic musicians and general men-about-town, including Hunz, Dot.Ay, Rio Lobotomy, and Reighna. They’re holding an electronic music showcase and have asked Strutten to scour the alleyways of Brisbane to find some new art to include in the exhibit. This is where you come in.
The Strutten selection committee are keen and pencils-poised-ready to take submissions from Brisbane artists.
We will be looking for people who meet the following selection criteria:
- Artists based in Brisbane and surrounding areas.
- Any medium of art, from Photography to Papier-mâché, illustrations to illuminations, graphic designs to graphite art.
- Can get us a submission before the deadline (Sunday 21st of August!)
Submissions for Strutten need to include the following:
- A minimum of three med-resolution images of recent work accompanied by titles, dimensions, medium and retail prices.
- A short 250 word speel/rant about yourself, your inspirations and why you think you’d be a great addition to the exhibit
Additionally, please add your website and/or online portfolios with your submission – you know, so we can really stalk you…
Submissions close on Sunday 21st of August, 2011. Please email your submissions including artwork
and text in a zip file to email@example.com.
Now if we don’t choose you that doesn’t mean that we don’t like you (we’re just really really jealous of your talent). Artists that aren’t selected will definitely be kept for further consideration in future for interviews and other such events… so yes, we still love you.
If you need any further info or would just like to say hello, just email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to seeing your stuff!
i love what i like.
The Strutten team